Aircraft lighting Circuit for RC and Model Aircraft
This Airplane Lighting Module provides an easy way of adding LED lighting to RC or Model Airplane
The Airplane lighting module is miniaturized, easy to conceal, and simple to use. This circuit can give you all the lighting special effects your plane needs including strobes, beacon, navigation, landing, and even interior lighting.
Product Light Groups:
Choose from one of our pre-configured lighting groups that meets the requirements of your model.
All Pre-configured groups get:
- Cool White LEDs for use on the 3 Strobe Hookups,
- Red and Green LEDs for use on the Wingtips Hookups
- and a Red LED for the tail Beacon Hookup.
- Wired Pin Connectors & 6 inches of shrink tube for your connections
Choose the Size you need based on your plane. Visit our LED Size Guide for dimensions. All LEDs will exhibit the flashing behavior described above when hooked-up to the pins identified below.
Wire Length - Each light can be up to 16 inches from the circuit board. (You get 8 inches of hookup wire to the board, plus each light is pre-wired with 8 inches) For a large plane choose the 3mm-Long Wire option which allows each light to be up to 28 inches from the Circuit Board (14 inch hookups + 14 inch pre-wired LEDs)
Landing Lights and Interior lights - These lights are optional and not included in the kit. If you want these order any of our 5-12 Volt Lights separately. The web pages containing these lights are called out in the Circuit Only option below.
Select Circuit Only and use with any of our Solid LEDs. There are many configurations that you can get for your model. For example, you can put together your own group of lights with multiple light sizes, or double up on the lights on some locations like the landing lights. You could even add a bright Mega LED of any color to keep your RC in sight in a busy flying environment.
Choose from any of our pre-wired for 5-12 Volt use such as:
- Bulb Style LEDs (1.8mm, 3mm & 5mm)
- Small Surface Mount LEDs (Chip, Nano & Pico)
- Our Bright Mega LEDs
Circuit Only - This option is the circuit with pin connector wire hookups and 6 inches of 1/16th inch Shrink Tube
Power Typical power supplies you could use:
- RC LiPo batteries with 2 or 3 cells
- a 9-volt battery
- or our 12-volt power supply
Circuit Light Hookups: refer to the diagram on the Plane Sketch and Circuit Board Image
(all LED hookups to the board are done using our male pin connectors) 5 male pin connectors are included with all board purchases.
- Double Flash (2X Position)- LED(s) wired to this position cycle through 2 flashes and then a pause. (like Airbus/Cessna wind strobe) Flash rate is adjustable*
- Single Flash (1X Position)- LED(s) wired to this position flash On and then Off (Pause). The LED is Off about twice as long as it is On. The flash occurs at a similar time as the Double Flash (like Boing wind and tail strobe wind strobe) Flash rate is adjustable *
- Single Flash (FL Position) This position is configured for a Red Beacon Tail Light. It has the same Flash Rate as the Single Flash and Flashes just prior to the Single Flash
- Steady Light (5V! Position) Use for steady lights on your plane, like Landing lights and interior lighting
* Adjustable Flash timing is done by a small set screw on board. You have adjustable rates between Flashing about 2 times a second and every other second
Current – Safely power up to 150mA, or a total of LEDs 8
Circuit Dimensions: 24 x 34 mm
Circuit Board made possible by MicroARC USA